Categories

blogadda

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Blessing Board

It is yet another Tuesday to post at Elizabeth's T for Tuesday! Next week, this time I've got a Christmas get together and the entire house needs a thorough cleaning!!!
Today I want to share my last Christmas gift project here.
This is a blessing board for a little girl. What I love about this is that everything on it is handmade.I have added The Serenity Prayer and a Thank you prayer, a photo of hers, two tiny cone shaped pockets, a silver painted butterfly and many snowflakes.
More handmade elements are clipped on the board. A watercolor bookmark, an angel and of course one of my snowman cards.
This is going to be send tomorrow and I hope she is going to love it.
I've got one more in the making. By the end of this week hopefully all the cards and gifts will be send.

Today morning this was what I had been up to. Some sketches for my art journal.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful creative week.
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. They mean so much to me.
SusaN     

9 comments:

  1. what a lovely creation! I think any little girls would love it...and grown-up girls too! your drawings and angel are very sweet...happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure she is going to LOVE IT!!
    wonderful sketches for your journal.
    Thanks for visiting.
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of a blessing board until now. This is such a good idea!!! Have a good T Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessing boards are new to me. You did a lovely job, and I am sure the little girl will treasure it! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of a blessing board. She should love it! :)
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm like Rita. I have NO idea what a blessing board is, but I'm sure Hannah is going to love it. Handmade is always best, I believe. After all, I saw the gift you sent to Dawn, and it was perfect for her.

    Sorry I'm late. My internet is down and will be for a couple of days, so I'm at my neighbor Sally's working on her laptop, which is NOT fun. I'm no good with a touchpad because I need a mouse.

    Thanks for joining T today. Those sketches are beautiful, and I am impressed as usual. BTW, that's a beautiful mug, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blessing board you created certainly is a lovely and special gift !

    Nice sketches for your art journal too...

    It is hard to believe how quickly December is rolling along...
    hope you had a Happy T Day
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes...cleaning...I was doing that yesterday as well. Brunch here today. Love the sketches in your art journal. I hope to be able to draw faces some day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear friend, so happy to see this beautiful blessing board. What a great gift this will be, you are so generous with your art. I had a friend over today and she LOOOVED your snow and tree art and girl art you made. I love having them in the house to enjoy and share with others.
    Those sketches are beautiful Susan, share more if you do them please!
    Only 6 more days to go, have most of my shopping and wrapping done and house is clean and festive, YAY!! Time to sit and relax by the lights. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful art with us.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am someone who loves almost everything that is related to art-be it writing, painting, crafts, music, dance; Yes,anything that can enliven my spirit. I am originally from Kerala,India. Currently I live in the US.

Followers